Monday 25 March 2013

For One Night Only - Monkey Shoulder

On Thursday night I was lucky enough to attend Monkey Shoulder’s For One Night Only event in Shoreditch. Monkey Shoulder is a great whisky brand (this is coming from someone who beforehand was not a whisky lover), who throw brilliant parties. The night itself was racing themed with the star cocktail being the Malt Jockey (Monkey Shoulder whisky, Martini Rosso and Maraschino with chocolate bitters). Usually I’m not a whisky drinker but the Monkey Shoulder cocktails are always really yummy!



Hannah and myself put on our riding caps, braved the wind and freezing cold and made our way to the place which was a factory warehouse just off Curtain Road in Shoreditch. Upon arrival we were given a free Riding Jockey shirt (hello new pyjama top) and a card which allowed us 3 free whisky cocktails and a voucher for food.


Having been to a Monkey Shoulder event before in November, I know these guys know how to throw a pretty cool event and once again was not disappointed. Hay bales to sit on, a massive horse racing skalextrics type game, bars, a Malt Jockey making masterclass. Sadly the racing horses were put down/ wasn’t working.


Another high point was the food provided by Street Kitchen. The offering was a pulled pork brioche roll with bacon, coleslaw and mustard mayonnaise. Having had my fair share of burgers recently (who hasn’t in Londonthese days?), I was still blown away by how good this was! Will definitely be checking out Street Kitchen (who I believe have moved themselves to Shoreditch High Street)... 





Hannah didn't think the burger was bad either! 


The next day I found my drinks booklet well and truly stamped. All I can say is keep an eye out for the next Monkey Shoulder event for a night full of Whisky fuelled fun - I know I will be!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Alice we haven't moved to Shoreditch High Street, we have opened our third site on the Former Hackney House site opposite Redchurch Street. See www.streetkitchen.co.uk for exact location.

    Opening more this year, hoping to have a fourth site by the summer!

    If you want to come and check out our new menu, give me a shout.

    mark@streetkitchen.co.uk

    Big love from the Street Kitchen team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely would love to! I will pop you an email tomorrow. Alice

    ReplyDelete